Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hamelt in the Eyes of the Sleep Deprived

So I attempted to watch Hamlet, in which the movie just finished.
But I don't know if I got the idea of the whole play.
I tried to read the play while watching the movie, since the script followed the play almost exactly.
But that failed miserably.

Of course, like the sleepy person that I am, I dosed off during certain parts, and woke up to a raging Hamlet.
Since I technically didn't watch the whole movie, my view of Hamlet very biased.
I seemed to wake up from dosing when Hamlet was in one of his... rage modes. He would be making weird faces and being really hyper or obnoxious.

I can't say that I'm going to watch the movie again...
It was 3 hours long... and their voices are like the only thing I need to put my brain to sleep.
Even as I type this, my mind and my body are going on separate trips to the land of sleep.

I think I was a bit too excited about reading and watching Hamlet, since I didn't get to read it during high school.
It was this over excitement that fueled my want to not fall asleep during the movie, but of course, I ended up dosing off anyways.

I will probably attempt to read the play again this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment