Thursday, September 23, 2010

Living in a picture




two beautiful pictures taken by my boyfriend. The first one is at Cold Spring Harbor, and the second one is from New Jersey on July 4th this year. The world we are living right now is gorgeous, especially through the expensive cameras. Even the things we couldn't find attractive are actually really beautiful in the different view. The city you are watching here looks wonderful, but many people who are living in there are not really happy for how it looks. It's so weird. Three years ago, I expected so much about this city and I thought I would feel gorgeous everyday when I'm in there. Just like thousands of movies based in New York, I thought I could be the one of the actress in the movie. Well, as you all know, there are very few parking space in the city, yellow caps and metro buses do whatever it takes (sometimes it's like a stunt show) to go fater than others, feet are seriously killing you even though you wore sneakers, in the night, you feel like you've done nothing in the city but you already spent $300 and you have to take LIE and drive over sixty exits to come back since you don't have money to spend for a night in the city. But all my friends in Korea never understand any of these. They always just envy me for just being here, near New York. Anyway, living in a great place does not always mean you feel great. That's for sure. I mean, even people who seem to have everything in their lives wouldn't be really happy all the time. Evenif you become a King or Queen, you would have some serious problem on your own. Just like Oedipus and his parents do. I mean, their problems could be even more serious than yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment