Thursday, September 23, 2010

The End Product (part 1)

So the thing is, by the end of this semester, I will have 62 credits under my belt.
But that also means that since I have more than 57 credits, I have to declare my major.
And since I didn't declare my major yet, my financial aid is somewhat held back right now.
But that's not the reason why I'm writing about this.

As the due date for me to hand in my major declaration form comes closer and closer, I'm constantly reminded about Oedipus and how his fate was already chosen for him.
How much better and easier this world would be if all of our fates were already told to us.
The only thing we would have to do is to find the means of getting to that fate, or trying to avoid that fate from happening.

Is my fate really to become a nurse? Or is it something different?
And if it is, how many different paths are there that I can take so I can become one?
I'm sure that isn't only just one way....
Its not like everyone did the same thing to get into the program, or they wouldn't have been chosen in the first place.

I mean, does it really matter what path I take if the end product or the end of the path is the same as all the other paths?

No comments:

Post a Comment