Thursday, September 23, 2010

My First boyfriend and a worm

When I think back of my childhood memory, lots of cute memories are on my mind. Especially the memory with my first boyfriend in kindergarten which now I think of as funny but at that time it was the worst night mare.

Moses and I was best friend. We met in the 'EXPO Kindergarten' at the same class called 'Galaxy'. We played husband and wife almost every day and we got along very well until this day. This memory took a place in Taejon, South Korea, 1996, in the spring my first boyfriend, Moses, other friends and I was playing with the sand in a kindergarten playground. Suddenly, one big kid said, "Look! This is a big worm!!!" When I heard this, I jumped up to the highest part of the playground, because I just so hated a worm. The time went by the kids were not anymore playing with the worm so I thought it was okay to come down. I remember that time I was so nervous that worm will might see me and come to me to bite.

As soon as I came down, Moses said, "I have surprise for you. You need to close your eyes." So I did close my eyes. Then he said "You can open them now." He put something in my hands, and it was a good size white rock. Moses said again, “Check the back of the rock." I checked the back of the rock and there was the worm which I hate the most. As soon as I saw it, I screamed and dropped the rock with the worm. He picked the worm, and tried to scare me. I ran and ran and he followed me with the worm. I ran hurriedly so I couldn't really see what was in front of me.
Next, only thing I remember is that I was lying on the ground near two swings. I remember that my eyes hurt so bad I could not even cry. I saw Moses looking at me like a big guilty sinner. Other kids made a small circle around me and asked if I was okay. I said, "What happened?” The kids said that the swings hit me. I ran to the bathroom inside the kindergarten and checked myself. There were huge bruises around my eyes and I looked like an ugly raccoon. I was so mad at Moses.

After I checked myself and I told Moses, "We are not friends anymore and I am going to marry with another boy who hates worm like me." That afternoon, in the class, the kindergarten teacher put me in front of the class and told Moses that "Good friends don't chase each other. If you are a good friend you should respect your friend." She asked Moses to apologize to me. Moses didn't say sorry, instead, he cried and cried.
After that I don't really remember exactly, except I didn't talk to him ever since.

Still now, I don't like worms although I am biology major student. Sometimes I wonder where Moses is now, because I think I am ready to forgive him.

No comments:

Post a Comment