Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oedipus ..


Oedipus, meaning "swollen-footed". By reading this story briefly, I found out that this whole story is just messed up.
I mean, how could he kill his own father and marry his mother unless he has like mental disorder or something. it's just unacceptable for normal people like us.
Even though the whole story is extremely abnormal but, If I try to see this issue from a different perspective, I might be able to understand him.
Then it's kind of sad that, now I feel sorry for him.

1 comment:

  1. Although what Oedipus did is morally unacceptable, there were circumstances for his mistakes, one of which was him being oblivious of the fact that the woman he fell in love with was his mother. If I solely take that factor into account, I am able to sympathize with him instead of looking down on his actions.

    ReplyDelete