Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weird People In NYC Subways

This is a pretty personal one but I am sure many of you can relate to this. All types of people use the NYC subways. Sometimes, actually this is becoming more frequent, that I see people that talk to themselves, smell really bad (I am not talking about bums), stare at other people, try to flirt, and do weird and random things.

I was in a Manhattan bound F train. At some point a tall white bald dude sat across me. I was listening to music and I noticed he smiled at me. I smiled too so he would not think I am rude or anything. Then I noticed that he was smiling and attempting to talk to me. So I started to read a book, looking down so no matter how many times he smiles I would not be looking at him. He didn't say anything or do anything other than smile the whole time and I just thought he is kind of weird or probably gay. When he was leaving the train he actually kind of squeezed/brushed his hands on my thigh. At that point he was smiling and walking out of the train like a smiling bone head. I was thinking-"Ooo my god, this guy freginnnnn touched me, WTF is wrong with him". Even when he was walking away he was looking back toward me trough the window. I just stuck the finger at him when he was looking and then the train stated moving.

Another time (this is actually not so rare and many people have come across such type of people that I am going to mention). Sometimes I sat next to people or people sit next to me that appear to have some type of serious disease. Before I go on, I don't mean to offend anyone that fits the description. A few times I found myself sitting next to men/women that smell unusually bad, so bad that it can knock someone out (you know what I mean) And it felt as if the smell was hitting my nose in waves. Other times it was just people with some horrible skin disease or whatever. I felt bad and disgusted because the person had hideous looking giant pussy pimples all over their head. It seems like the pimples would burst at any moment. I don't think anyone can get sick just by sitting next to another person like that but I felt bad for the person and was tempted to sit somewhere else.

There are some people in the train that like to talk to themselves and it even seems as if he/she may be talking to you/towards you. I don't even know what they say but they can become bothersome especially if they are really loud and start moving around too much because that is when you start to think that the crazy person might attack someone.
when guys look at other guys/me and the zombie just stares at me I feel really uneasy. It's one of those moments, you suddenly notice someone staring at you. Usually it is just a coincidence and a few times the awkward person would not stop staring. Actually, I don't really care as long as the person is not like staring and slowly creeping towards me or anything like that except that it just does not feel right. A straight guy would think who is this stranger (man) looking at me and why?, that's all. I wouldn't mind the opposite sex checking me out but even then staring at me would make me feel uncomfortable.

The worst one is....when you are waiting for a train and a loud and pugnacious person is babbling and walking back and forth saying things. I was waiting for a train and a woman was screaming about how someone will come and pull someone's head off and rob your house...... No one knew what she was trying to do. Everyone was nervous and some people walked the other way when she was walking back and forth because people were thinking "what if this crazy person tries to push me into the tracks". That's exactly what I was thinking. I was in this type of scenario a few times where someone is really angry and "talking" to themselves or appear to be saying things to other people nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment