Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Facetime




I still remember when my dad bought me a computer when I was 6th grade in 1995. It was the first 586 computer running at 66Mhz with 8Mb Ram and few hundred Mb of harddisk space. Most of my friends have 486 so I was so proud of myself and they really liked my computer. Also that computer had internet connection through 14.4Kbps modem so I could download 4Mb game in one hour. Also, I am very familiar with DOS command since my first computer was equipped with Windows 3.1(Before Windows 95).


The technology has been changed so rapidly during 15 years. Apple has release iPhone 4 few month ago with a feature called Facetime. This feature allows me to call another person using front camera so we can see each other. Actually, this wireless video calling feature was already in service in Korea few years ago. But it use too much data so that people were complaining about their bills. Facetime is FREE as long as I have Wifi connection. Also, iPhone's retina display with 960x480 resolution makes Facetime much more useful in terms of quality. Now, I use this everyday in my life. The picture I post here is chatting scene with my friend in Osaka, Japan 6000 miles from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment