Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Frank Gehry






I'm not really a fan of many designers of buildings, but during a lecture we were looking at all these cool buildings, and a lot of them were of Frank Ghery's. After doing some research I've learned that he is from Canada and resides in Los Angela's. He's 81, but from what I've seen of his building he's of the hippest people around. His designs and building textures are just so cool and I would never have though to design any of them.

It looks like he builds many things out of either glass or metal (titanium.) Sometimes his buildings are very round but other times, like in Walt Disney, they look almost like 100 wings coming out of a building. When I look back at my sketchups I see that I kind of took on some of Frank Ghery's designs and this is maybe why I'm so interested in him.


No comments:

Post a Comment