Saturday, November 27, 2010

Charity

Charity has always been important to myself an my family. For as long as I can remember, we have been doing volunteer work as well as donating money to charity. The main reason why we do this is most likely due to my little sister. My little sister has down syndrome. Because of her, my sister and I started working at a camp for the disabled. Recently, I have been taking advantage of my hockey team, and using them to help create fundraisers for charity.

There is something about volunteering and raising money that makes me feel so good inside. I enjoy helping others. Helping others sometimes costs a couple George Washingtons out of my wallet, but I am okay with making that sacrifice. The feeling that you get when you help someone else is like none other. I would recommend it to everyone. Just take a little time out of your day and help someone. Helping someone else will help you. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment