Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kinect.

The Kinect could be a pretty great tool for security systems. Since it has facial recognition, the kinect could be programmed to only allow certain people to unlock buildings. Personally, I think this would be awesome to have installed at my house. It always takes me awhile to find my keys and would make my life so much easier if I could just walk up to my front door and get my face scanned and the door would just open for me. I'm sure some stuff like this already exists, but with the kinect it could be more accessible. It would also be pretty sweet to have one in my car and it could only start once it scans my face. This type of system would make it difficult for other people to be able to borrow my car, but it could also help if it were stolen. When I was younger my dad's car was stolen and I'm pretty sure we eventually found out its location like months later, but if there was a device in the car with a reading of that person's face we may have been able to get that person arrested. Or if someone tries to break into a house that has a kinect it could recognize the face. Obviously, there are surveillance cameras and security systems that people have that can do this, but this new system seems like it could be more available for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment