Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hard work leads to good things

It has always been said that working hard will get you far in life. Well, I have listened to those people, and worked my tail off in almost everything... excluding some things that have to do with school. There are many things in my life that I have gotten a late start on and worked my ass off to be where I am now. Two examples are Hockey and playing guitar.

I started playing guitar about two years ago. It wasn't something I always wanted to do, but I decided one day just to start. It was very frustrating at first, and at times i would throw down my musical instrument and not pick it up for weeks at a time. But I still had the determination to continue. Today, i have reached a level where some people enjoy to listen to me.

Hockey has been even harder for me. This is a sport where starting young is very important because it takes a long time to learn how to skate properly while doing everything else. I started at age 17, and since then, I have been playing against people who started at age 3. It has been a long road to be the best that I can possibly be, and today I am the captain of the SBU roller hockey team (b team).

I know for a fact that if you work hard, good things will happen. I try to use my experiences to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment