Saturday, November 27, 2010

Appropriate or Not?

Constantly we hear about disney channel stars portraying an image that all parents do not want their children to be exposed to. Many times I have heard my girlfriend complain as well but I never payed much mind to it. Having a younger sister I should have been concerned but I figured it wasn’t that difficult to keep her away from those things. I thought that As long as she just sees the image disney channel portrays of them there is no problem. As long as she doesn’t know the truth behind these young stars. I never minded, and the songs that they have still sound innocent even with their hidden meanings, but what would my seven year old sister know? Now my view has changed, it is impossible to hide it from them even when I had been so careful. As a morning routine I leave the radio on, with 92.3 now which does not have any music that is too inappropriate and my sister listens as well. A few days ago she approached me and said “Fawzi, I heard on the radio that Hannah Montana was at a party and she drank a beer. That’s not good right?” I was so shocked and upset that she heard this. Now I really dislike these disney stars that are giving such horrible example to kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment