Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More ideas for final show

Regarding the final project, I am very on board with the idea of recreating the ending; but during class I was a little unsure of how we would accomplish such a task. Upon further thought I think we should engage the audience and have them interact with the actors and be part of the production as well.
I was thinking that the audience can act as the play within the play. They could put in their own lines as well as their own ideas to what the alternate ending should be. Maybe we could have different set ups around the tank where the audience takes on different roles. Then again, these are just different ideas I am throwing out on the table. If anyone wants to add anything please feel free to comment.
In addition to the alternate ending/play within the play idea, I also liked the idea of translating the novel into words and phrases we use nowadays. Now, I don’t think profanity should be used, but I do think that simplifying the words will make Hamlet more of an enjoyable experience to everyone.
Last but not least, I think that we should definitely let the audience use the Hamlet game interface and see if they enjoy the game as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment