Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Social Network

I went and saw the social network with my friends awhile back. When we started talking about it in class I began thinking about it more. The movie is relevent to the topic of our class design and technology because facebook has revolutionized the world. In a way the website is a new technology that has basically designed a new way for people to interact. Nowadays it's even easier for people to meet and talk with one another. The premise of the site however was based on the idea of exclusivity. The idea was that only the best of the best, the select few would be able to use the website. Today however the website is used in many different countries and everyone is allowed to use the website. What once started as a exclusive website is now multi billion dollar company that almost anyone anywhere has a account on.

The movie also inspired me to a certain degree. My major at Stony Brook is computer science, which is the same major that the protagonist, Mark Zukaberg, had at Harvard. After watching the movie it gave me more confidence in my major and made me realise the possibilities and power of the major. Hopefully i can one day make a website, program, application, whatever that will earn me money some day. After all making your own job is far better than chasing after one.

No comments:

Post a Comment