Friday, November 26, 2010

Semiconductors and Physics

In one of my classes (Inorganic chemistry), we are learning how semiconductors work and their applications, such as in solar panels. It is at times like this I remember whether I should have initially gone into electrical engineering (as my father is) or into physics. Then quickly, just as I think it, I remember how "poor" my math skills are. The truth is that they're really not that poor, but I'm just not interested in going through lines of formulae and studying math, which I found to be one of the most boring things ever...I found chemistry to be at the lines where both thinking and studying are needed, and not all memorization (Biology and soft sciences) and not all complex math like the two I mentioned above. In addition, I used to go through this big science encyclopedia when I was young and mainly do all the chemistry experiments, so while I see electrical engineers creating some really cool futuristic devices, at the same time I know that I don't have a passion for going through that math. In addition, because I'm interested in medicine, I get to see the mechanisms for why a certain drug or etc works; although, we have to remember this is all possible by advances in physics and technology at the same time....

No comments:

Post a Comment