Friday, November 26, 2010

Late Night Goers

I always wonder how many people are actually up at the times I stay up. For example this week, I stayed to 5-6 am for three days and got maybe a total of 7 hours in those 3 days. I used to be a lot more versatile at that, but it seems as the years go on, I need it more and it wasn't like in high school where only a few hours was more than enough for me. I remember reading something about "sleep debt" and as you miss more hours, you pile it up and are less resistant to sleeping with less hours. It seems the same thing is happening to me, as now I doze off a lot more than I would have thought on late nights of staying up. Medical school supposedly teaches you to live off very few hours of sleep, but I don't know if I can if this sleep debt theory is right. In any case though, I still always stay up late since I'm the most productive during the nightly hours and I can't concentrate nearly as much during the day (I just find myself getting distracted a lot more easier). It feels like a balance at times....Productivity...Lack of Sleep....In other words: the classic elements that make up college :)

No comments:

Post a Comment