Friday, November 26, 2010

grandma burns it down

We have a few traditions in our family, but we have one tradition that really stands out that is much different from everyone elses family. My grandmother enjoys inviting the fire department over to the house, but not for a beer or a cup of tea, but because she tries to burn her house down at least twice a year.

Today she did it again. She put her famous chicken soup on the stove, turned it on to warm it up, and took a nap. This caused the chicken soup to boil out, and cooked the pot with nothing in it. I went into the house, smelt how wonderful it was, and was unfazed on what happened. The only problem is, my shirt now smells like a burn't pot, and it is a very unattractive smell.

As much as I love my grandma, she is getting old and senile, but I know that she has many years ahead of her that will allow her to continue to burn down the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment