Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas in the city

Some people may call me a grinch but honestly I despise christmas time in New York City. Christmas trees line the street and block parking spots, street cleaners take sudden holidays, tipping my super for not fixing anything in my building, stores jacking up prices for holiday shopping. Not my cup of tea. I think the worst part is the tourists, all over midtown when Im trying to get somewhere, literally taking pictures of everything. They invade museums, stores and trains. They create pedestrian traffic. They ask random questions like "do you know where the empire state building is" when they could literally just look up. If the city taxed tourists extra fees for parking, trains and tolls to walk around the city durring christmas time we would make back our entire economic deficit. The most annoying part of christmas is how christmas day everything is closed and the day after everyone dumps their christmas trees outside for me to trip over. Can we just skip christmas this year and go straight to new years festivities?

No comments:

Post a Comment