Thursday, December 16, 2010

RUR Reading

The RUR reading, done by the theater majors during the gig at the Tank, was pretty interesting.

Even though they were only using their voices, I still got the feeling of the whole play.
The parts that are supposed to be funny, or scary, or serious, or whatever else, were what they were supposed to be.

I guess that is the difference between someone who is just interested and someone who loves the whole concept of being an actor.

So basically, RUR is about the future, where robots become just like humans, and at times, more than just human.

This reminds me of the movie I, Robot.
It's pretty much the same concept, just put into film.
This topic is also used in a few anime shows that I have watched before.

With technology improving more and more, it's a wonder none of us are robots yet.
Sure, people have robot parts attached to them because of certain circumstances that they were in, but none of us are yet 100% robot.

To be totally honest, I'm not looking forward to our future.
What would happen if everything was done by robots?
How would we learn how to take care of ourselves without the help of robots?
How would we learn to be human if we are taught by robots?

What if I liked the way that we are today?
What if I didn't want the world to change into something cold and metal?

No comments:

Post a Comment