Thursday, December 16, 2010

After the Tank

Doing the gig at the tank was such a new experience to me. It felt so real and so unreal at the same time.

Was I really doing this? Was this really what our class and other classes put together?
It was odd, yet, somehow refreshing.

The day consisted mostly of walking around in Manhattan and eating lunch before going to Starbucks to wait for Jeeuk.
While I was waiting for him, it felt surreal being in the city after so long of not being part of it.
My high school was located in Harlem so I would have to take the subway and the buses everyday.

I really enjoyed the city then, but as of right now, it's more of an annoyance.
Too much people at once trying to go in the same direction. Doing the same things every day.
I've done it so many times, that its become a bore to me.
Sure, trying new things is fun, but trying it at the same place for years is betting somewhat boring. Every time my friends and I want to hang out, its either in Flushing, Queens or somewhere downtown Manhattan.

Is it just me, or has the luster and the shine of Manhattan begun to wear off?

No comments:

Post a Comment