Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Camera Works in Onibaba

I really don't wanna talk more about the the content of the movie since it is late now, and I'm going to walk back to dorm in the wind. I will keep thinking of it. I promise. =_,=

So, since I love photography, I want to note down something I appreciate in the movie, about shooting, of course.

The first scene is impressive: reeds are dense and thick, waving in the wind, which gives people a premonition something uncertain will happen. Then, two little women show up, surprisingly, they kill two men. Two strong men that they can hardly move them. It is ridiculous that they eventually move the died bodies and throwing them into a hole. From the beginning to the first story ends, they don't have any facial emotion or any words. The light is just right. They drink, they eat, and they sleep. Clarity and simplicity, their whole social life is displayed. I kind of admire the director and cameramen, in an so old movie, they bring the terse and lively pictures almost into perfection.

I always love black and white pictures because I believe that even though our lives are colorful, but black&whites can provide more real and more powerful facts, and more deep stuff.

Here is an example picture I took outside the library. The contrast and lights make the plants more "main character" feelings, otherwise people won't notice them specially.



Anyway I must have something more to say if we finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment