Thursday, October 21, 2010

phone issues

Phones do not like me. At all. They never have and never will. I went through something like 9 blackberries in 2 years and a couple other odd phones. They just die. I take excellent care of them, I buy a case for them 2 weeks before I get the damn phone but still they die. My boyfriend's old blackberry literally fell apart and it still worked... I wish I had his luck. Anyway, I was thinking about jailbreaking my new iphone and the wheels in my head started turning.

Steve Jobs has an enormous amount of control over people. Quite a few people want to buy what he makes and I don't think most of them even know why... and no, because it's pretty isn't a reason. It kind of blows my mind that he has that much control over people because his (apple's) products are pretty much locked down. There's only so much you can do to modify what "he" made for you. You'd think that would make people shy away from buying his stuff, but NOOO people when crazy when the new iphone came out. Even when people found out about the antenna issue they still ran out (or slept outside when new stock came in) to buy the phone. People waiting in line to buy a phone that you cannot make calls from unless you hold it a certain way... talk about limitations. And Job's solution was just to hold it a different way! Yeah like I'm going to listen to some guy tell me how I should hold MY phone that I dished out MY money for. Thanks but no. And people bought it because it's pretty? I bet a lot of people bought it because it's the new thing.

I had an HTC phone before this and I COMPLETELY changed the OS. I basically turned my phone into just another piece of plastic and went and picked out a "cooked" operating system that wasn't clogged with promotional material that you cannot delete that slowed down the phone horribly. Talk about customization. Granted the phone didn't last long, I needed to update the OS and since you cannot hook up a windows phone to a mac (even through virtual machines) and change the OS. So long story short, the phone went bye bye and I finally got my iphone.

One of the reasons I like Macs is because their software is legit, it's not like on a windows pc (pc stands for personal computer so pc does not equal windows.. it's a pet peve)where you have some random software made by whomever. I think the belief that there are no viruses for Macs isn't true. A lot of people have Macs so I'm sure there will be more viruses for them in the near future. I'm rambling.

As for the jailbreaking, I jailbreaked (jailbroke?) my ipod touch and that's fine. I don't go on the internet too often on it so I guess I'll see how it goes.

30? My brain is mush.

No comments:

Post a Comment