Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Language Revolution

Earlier in the semester, we discussed language and how it is used in society and how different people peak differently to others. I felt so strongly about this topic, so much that I have stopped cursing for approximately five days. Boy, has it been rough.
I never realized I was such a sailor. I was always one to say I curse occasionally; but, as of now, I think it is safe to say that I was a truck driver. It is not something I am proud of, but I think it is something I had to admit. As stated, I was previously in denial.
I hope that I can continue this trend because it makes me think before I speak which is something challenging for not only me, but for everybody. It never dawned on me how little thought we put into the language we use each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment