Tuesday, November 2, 2010

a.d.d.

I have to write a paper for a history class by Thursday and I still haven't finished the book it's to be about. In class, Prof. Baldwin mentioned how we all have become attention deficit. Sooo true. Every time I go to pick up this book I check facebook. I don't even care about what people have posted and know that there isn't going to be worth while, but I still check it.
We talked about the Social Network in class as well this morning. I wonder if Zuckerberg knew he was creating one massive distraction for college students. I need to see the movie because I didn't really know what everyone was talking about in class today. I wonder why Facebook took off the way it did and Myspace died out. I think I still have my myspace, but I don't even know. It's pretty much the same concept; you create a profile and add your friends and you can leave messages on each other's pages and post notes and what not. I suppose the exclusivity of it only being Harvard students and then only college students made it more appealing. Either way, I'm beginning to wonder whether or not I have ADD, or if society has just made me this way. I'm sure if I wanted to focus I could, but I have so many distractions at my fingertips that it's so hard to do what I'm supposed to. Right now even, I'm not reading my book or writing my paper and distracting myself with this blog. But at least I'm one more blog post down.

No comments:

Post a Comment