Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kinect

My brother recently bought an Xbox 360 but foolishly did not purchase the package with the kinect. I told him that it would be revolutionary, but did he listen? Of course not. Knowing what I know now, I really wish he bought the package.
It seems like you can hack into anything nowadays and the kinect is no exception. The video we saw in class was extraordinary. I bet any amount of money the executives at Microsoft had no idea ordinary people would do things like this. I also love the fact that we are using it for the final show. It is very innovative and impressive.
I was researching videos of people who hacked it and it’s so cool how the camera can in a way circle one’s body. The idea of the kinect does not really seem that advanced, but it truly is remarkable
Presently we all ogle over the kinect. However, honestly, in about 3 to 5 years I truly believe we will look at this version of the kinect as trash. We will always think and create things that are better than what we currently have, and the kinect is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment