Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Legalization of Marijuana.

I am in full support of the legalization of marijuana. Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I just ask that the people against it take a look at these facts I've posted, I think it might make you think twice. :)

Interesting facts of Marijuana.

#1: It is nearly impossible to overdose on weed. To "overdose" you would have to smoke 800 joints in one day and the smoker would die of carbon monoxide poisoning, NOT thc.

#2: Annual number of deaths by drug:
- Alcohol: 85,000.
- Prescription Drugs: 18,675.
- Caffeine: 5,800.
- Aspirin/Ibuprofin: 7,600.
- Cocaine: 2,390.
- Heroin: 2,147.
- Marijuana: 0.

#3: Marijuana was first used as a medical treatment in China in 1737. It was used to ease the pain of Rheumatism and Gout.

#4: The first law issued in the U.S. regarding marijuana was issuing farmers to grow hemp.

#5: George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both owned hemp farms.

#6: Thomas Jefferson drafted The Declaration of Independence on hemp paper.

#7: Marijuana is decriminalized in: Australia, Czech Republic, Macedonia, Venezuela, Canada (for medical use), Ecuador, Mexico, Chile, Finland, Netherlands, Colombia, Germany, and Portugal.

Marijuana is legal in: Argentine, Belgium, India, Iran, Pakistan, Peru, and Uruguay.

#8: Studies show that smoking marijuana does NOT increase your risk for lung cancer.

#9: Cigarettes have a 90% addiction rate while marijuana is even LESS addictive than coffee.

#10: Weed was used as a truth serum by the U.S. government during WWII.


All I'm saying is, it's really not as bad as most people think. If you just plain don't like it, that's different.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment