Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Me and Hamlet

The other day I was at a club and found myself closely tied to Hamlet. I had just stepped into the club with my friend, who is single. The whole plan was to have a good time. He found a girl he really liked but wasn't able to think of a good icebreaker and she was talking to her friend a lot as well. Since I have a girlfriend I went up to the girl first and introduced myself. I started small conversation and then introduced my friend. I can tell her friend liked me so I pulled her aside so my friend can get to know her firend. This whole time were dancing, things got a little hot on the dance floor as she was giving me obvious signs to advance, however, I have a girlfriend and was just talking to her to help my friend get her friend's number.
The whole time I was thinking about how I was similar to Hamlet in this sense. I, like Hamlet did to Ophelia, gave this girl the impression that I was into her only to get something else. In Hamlet's case that something else was sex and in mine I just wanted to be a good wingman and get my friend the number he wanted. Was I an asshole or was I just a good friend trying to help another friend out?

No comments:

Post a Comment