Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Playing COD w/ Harrison

The other day as we wrapped up shooting for our "Tank" project Harrison and I decided that a break was in order. We decided that a game of Call of Duty online would help break the monotony of school finals and help us clear our heads. The whole suite filled up with his roomates and before you know it we had everyone glued to the television. It got me thinking. How awesome it is that video games have evolved as much as they have. From the early days of Atari to the 3D video games of Kinnect we have seen these consoles grow into a facet of American Society. They are an outlet for people of all ages as well. They are no longer a console for teenagers. I walk through the rooms at work to find that men well into their 40's are playing the same games as I am as well as my younger siblings. Could you imagine an age where a video game would help settle a dispute between two parties? My only concern is that people completely disconnect themselves from loved ones and their priorities when they completely submerge themselves into these games. Like all hobbies and passions a dependency could grow. Anyways, I hope everyone has a good one today and continue to grind through the home stretch of this semester. Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment