Friday, November 26, 2010

House of Games

I really enjoyed this movie that we had watched in class. It made me think a lot about trust and how we cannot trust everyone. I tend to trust strangers easily which is bad. And I don't know why I do that. I think my weakness is that I try o see the best in people and that they wouldn't hurt me. In real life that is not the case at all. Even your close friends cannot be fully trusted no matter how much you want to trust them. I feel like in reality if you do not ever want to get stabbed in the back, the only person you can trust is yourself. Anyone could screw you over intentionally, but you would never intentionally screw yourself over. The only time you would do so is if it is done accidentally.

In the House of Games she easily trusted him, knowing that he was a con artist. That is one of the biggest mistakes ever. But she did so because he had something that she wanted and she was willing to trade her trust for it and that resulted in her getting screwed over. But I believe she knew the risk but ignored it and decided to play the game and gamble on whether he would break her trust or keep it. The way the whole movie was played out and how it played on the topic of trusting people and how unexpected and cruel the world is really made this movie a good one. I'm really glad that we had the opportunity to view this in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment