Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lemon sucking faces

The professor always likes to make a comment about our "lemon sucking stonybrook" faces that we go into class with. This face, indeed, is usually always present in many faces of students here at stonybrook. However, I dont think its just a Stonybrook University student face. I have experenced this in the city, Brooklyn and Queens. When I was still in high school I lived out here on the island. For the most part, everyone on Long Island is very friendly and when someone is looking at you, you simply smile back and maybe even say hello. However, in the city, that just doesnt fly. At the end of my senior year I moved to Brooklyn where I grew up as a child and started living there with my grandmother. For the first couple of months that I lived there I was working in Downtown Brooklyn. I made the mistake of actually looking at people and smiling at them when they looked at me. Never again would I do that... that got me called all the worse possible names one can ever be called.

No comments:

Post a Comment