Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reaction to Don Juan

After reading Don Juan it hit me, no matter what there will always be a hell to pay. After reading what Don Juan did, it sickened me. A person should not treat women as if they are some sort of item or object.
To elaborate, I firmly believe that being a womanizer is a disgrace; just as I also believe being a prostitute is a disgrace. It is something nobody should be proud to say they are. In regards to the play, I also believe that we all have a friend like Sganerelle who tells us the right thing to do. Sganerelle is like the angel on our shoulder per se, who tells us right from wrong.
In addition, I believe that Don Juan has no heart and therefore deserved to go to hell; but, I do find it interesting that Moliere decided that heaven swallow Don Juan up into a flaming abyss. It made for an interesting and enjoyable end to the play.
Futhermore, I would like to find out more of what happened to Sganerelle and what happened to him after Don Juan went to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment