Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Being 21...

What's the big deal? It's not like people have their first drink when they turn 21 or do really anything else for the first time when they turn 21... so I don't get it. I've decided since turning 21, I'm going to stay 21 for 10 or so years... then I'll turn 22. I think it's a good plan. So when my boyfriend is.. much older.. and all of his friends are going for the younger girl to make themselves to feel better... he'll already have one. I think he was more excited for me to turn 21 than I was. I don't really drink so it wasn't a big deal. So now what's next? You're excited to turn 18, and 21.. and now what? 65? you can retire...

I'm pretty tall and mature for my age so I think most people I assumed I turned 21 a while ago. I'm friends with my mother's friends so I hang out with older people. One of my closest friends is 10 years older than me. Is age really that big a deal any more? I think I can go and have coffee and have a decent conversation with most of my professors. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I don't get it.


#43

No comments:

Post a Comment