Wednesday, December 8, 2010
New York city bound
What is it about the City that is so intriguing? Perhaps its the local sport teams and their fans or maybe it's the always changing fads in fashion? Maybe it's the people and their uniqueness from other statesman. For me it's the hustle about the whole place. When I worked in the city during my ripe age of 20 I found that the hustle and drive of the people in the city were unmatched. Everyone was going at full speed and seemed to be so focused. A simple walk to the train station seemed to me like a championship drive on a football field with under two minutes on the clock. Elbows were flying around and people were dodging and weaving to gain position over each other. I saw some men actually pole vault over the metro gates in an effort to dodge the fare and make the oncoming train. The thing I like the most however is when the night is ending and people's speed goes down a notch and the lights of the big apple glow on every street corner. There's something special about a city with so much history and so much potential. Manhattan is truly the city for the working man and the strong. Gotta love it.
Labels:
Alex Meszaros THR 104 Post 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment