Thursday, December 2, 2010

Aaron D. Neufeld

Aaron D. Neufeld- BLOG #50- ‘The Police’

Here I am, at the final blog. It’s 1:00am and I’m thinking about what to write about. Suddenly the light bulb turns on! Literally. My dorm room door opens up and someone turns the light on. It’s a police officer. He asks, “You didn’t hear me knocking?” I take out my earphone and say, “What?” He says to himself, “Oh, you got the your headphones in…” and walks back into the common area of my suite. I get up to see what’s going.

I walk into my common area and stare into the faces of at least four police officers with flashlights, as well as the RHD of my building. They claim they smell weed and begin questioning why we have Febreeze on the table in the room. We tell the police that dorm rooms often smell and that they would probably find Febreeze in any given dorm. They look all over hoping to find some hidden drugs, but no luck. Of course there wasn’t any. They continued to question us regarding who was going to give it up because they knew we had it. Nobody confessed to something we didn’t do, so the cops requested our ID cards and took down our names and ID numbers. I’m not sure what this means. I hope nothing too serious.

In the end, though, I must thank them. For they supplied me with what is probably the most exciting of my fifty blog posts. Just when I thought I was all out of ideas, they gave me a great one! As quickly as they all barged in, they all left, smirking and laughing about how sure they were that we had weed in our dorm. “Could you shut the light on your way out please?” my roommate asked, but the door simply closed behind them. “Thank you!” my roommate said sarcastically. We all looked at each other for a few minutes before laughing, quite confused, about the whole ordeal. And on that note, I have completed my fifty blogs, and it’s time to get some much-needed sleep. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment