Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Eating healthy

For dinner today I chose to eat at the Bethpage Cosi restaurant. For those of you that are not familiar with the restaurant the best way I can describe it would be to say it's similar to Panera bread. Their menu consists of paninis and flat bread sandwiches. There are soups and vegetable dishes with an assortment of pasta salads. The atmosphere is different from that in a burger king or taco bell due to their deep couches and mellow music. It's a nice place to eat but I really wonder if the food is more healthy than that of its competitors. I know that a whole grain flat bread is healthier than a big mac at burger king but I'm not as naive to think that it is less in calories and fat content. I admit that I buy into the whole atmosphere and the slogan of "life should be delicious" but I don't feel that it is the healthiest choice on the market. That being said I enjoy the food and find it fulfilling. My best bet would be to make my own dinners each night but I unfortunately can't set the time aside to become Chef Alex each day. I'm a strong believer that we as humans should splurge every once in awhile and feed ourselves with whatever our hearts desire. As long as we stay active and do everything in moderation then all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment