Wednesday, December 8, 2010
"Humanoids...Face Time"
I have to admit the first time I heard Professor Baldwin say this to the class I nearly laughed myself into an asthma attack. The funny thing is I don't have asthma. I know that I am just as guilty as the next guy for avoiding "face time" because of being submerged in something else. (ex: blogging, emailing, the dreaded facebook) but it's true. We are at a place in time where our generation is so submerged in our technology that "face time" becomes secondary. The days of class consisting of a professor and every pupil latched onto them is a thing of the past. What do we do? Are we in the wrong? To those questions I have to say leave the laptops and blackberries at home and make our money count. If anyone is going through what I'm going through were paying for college out of our own pockets therefore we should make more of our college time. I know that our professors don't always give thrilling lectures but it's our money were spending, so shouldn't we play a more important role in the class. If we don't participate in the class that gives the professors free reign to talk about whatever they want for as long as they want. I'm all for technology I just hate to see it play the role of the distraction during our tuition time.
Labels:
Alex Meszaros THR 104 Post 33
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment