Thursday, December 9, 2010

Remixes

On the radio recently, I keep hearing all these new-age remixes of classic, really good old songs and I just honestly hate them. They always ruin the natural rhythm and beat of what made those songs great in the first place, and I just immediately change the station once I hear that. I guess its cause they can't come up with anything good today that they just wrap it in their own mix and resell it as their own, when all they probably did was just a few settings on autotune and slapped their label on it! If they want to do that, come up with something that's A. Original first of all, and B. Non-crap. Doing both A and B today seems to be quite the challenge, as I haven't heard much of anything that has done it yet. The same can also be kind of said for tv shows, like I just saw the commercial for next years American Idol and I'm like "how much longer they can milk that thing?". At a certain point of shows like that, they just need to stop because they lost the true originality of what made it good at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment