Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hooray for Hamlet!

I got excited when we were told that we would be discussing about Hamlet. Hamlet is actually my favorite Shakespeare play followed by Othello. I read this play during my senior year in high school but I wish I had read it sooner. We spent a whole semester doing a play analysis and acting out random scenes. I'll admit, I did forget a lot of the things I learned in that class, and the play is not fresh in my mind anymore. But hopefully our analysis of Hamlet in class will refresh my memory and get me anxious to discuss about my thoughts about Hamlet in class.

I remember the ghost that was present in the beginning of the play freaked me out at first. And I always wondered whether the ghost was actually there and speaking to Hamlet, or if it was a figure of his own imagination. Could it have been guilt or the yearning for revenge of his dead father? Who really knows? Only Shakespeare himself, maybe. And his most famous speech "to be or not to be, that is the question" can be analyzed in so many ways. Hearing that we will be analyzing this play through other types of learning such as by using games, intrigues me. And I cannot wait until we get started. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment