Sunday, September 26, 2010

Father and Child

I cannot stop thinking about that picture with the man holding the baby on his lap and the cigar in his left hand. He wasn't even holding the baby. The baby was just laying there. That poor child had no idea her father was smoking in her face. This proves that the father had no regards for the baby.

I'm happy I had a great relationship with my father as a child. My father wanted a son so badly but after trying three times with my mom..and failing my father mad due with what God gave him...3 beautiful daughters. I have 2 other sisters and a brother. Even though my brother and I don't have the same father I am happy to share mine with him. My father treat all four of us equally even though my brother is about 10 years older than I am.

I'm sad that I don't have any pictures of my father and I when I was younger. I asked my father for some pictures. He told me that his sister has them all the way out in Staten Island. I wish there was a way I could get some more older pictures of us but we moved so much that we lost all of them.

I love my father with all my heart. I hate that he is stricken with cancer in his throat. I cry every time I think about it or see him and he always says "Stop crying I'm not dying until I see my grand children graduate college." That always makes me laugh. I love my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment