Wednesday, September 29, 2010

City of Plagues

As I was walking to class today, the weather was horrible. As time went by and the weather still being horrible, I thought to myself when will this horrible weather stop. For the past few days, the weather is rainy, gloomy, humid, and disgusting. Because of my desire for the weather to finally be normal and comfortable I thought about Oedipus.

The cloud was dark, the atmosphere was sticky and gloomy, and the mood was saddening, I pictured this to be what Thebes was like during the plague along with hundreds of dead bodies lyin around. I feel that the people of Thebes also felt this way while leaving that kind of condition. If I was leaving in a city like that I would complain to my king to do something about this.

If I was the king and heard the cries of people to make things better, I would equally or be more determined in solving this plague. I would hate to live in a world like Thebes was in, having no sunlight, feeling sad and hopeless all the time, seeing dead bodies all over the place. Even if at the end I had to sacrifice my own life to leave the city of Thebes in order to restore Thebes back to its normal self.

No comments:

Post a Comment