Sunday, September 26, 2010

Discrimination, Racism, and More...

why do we look down upon other people? why do we constantly judges others on their capacities and looks? i am always on the edge of these racism and discrimination battles because i am so different from other girls that can be found walking down the street. for example i was at a soccer game for my sister and a girl was walking around selling chocolate to raise money for my former high school and i told myself if she comes asking me I'll buy some only to support my school. however, the girl blatantly just walked right past me and didn't even bother looking back. was i invincible? was i a terrorist who could understand English or some crap like that? just because i was fully clothed i wasn't worthy of being talked to. well it made me feel bad that another especially younger and probably stupider than me would judge me and walk past me. however, i have to train myself for these judgement comments and happenings from hurting me because for me it's an everyday occurrence.
many many people look and stare and say things everyday that sometimes hurt but then there are those also who are very considerate and open minded. i like those people and wish everybody could learn something from them but it never works that way. there is always going to be those people who love to look down upon others and make them feel like scumbags. we just have to prepare ourselves for the world and the disgust that is sometimes out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment