Sunday, September 26, 2010

the virtual life




Facebook and 2nd life are completely different. Honestly, the only two things that are similar is that you meet friends and talk to people. Other than that it's pretty much black and white. Since I'm obsessed with The Sims, the Second Life really caught my attention and I quickly started to play it. I made my own person, looked at some tutorials and then realized it was my kind of game. I was really excited to know that I was doing this for a class so I didn't feel to guilty to have this much fun. 

Basically, Second Life is more of a virtual world, or in other words, what you want to be and act towards people. You can be someone totally different then you are in real life. There used to be something called "myspace angles," but in this game you can be someone else completely. In Second Life you can go to all different types of worlds without trying and talk to people that are pretty interesting.  In Second Life you also don’t get invited to events or get “poked.”

My first experience in 2nd Life, I transported to the beach and started talking to a guy who started talking to me about skiing in Colorado. Another girl I met took pictures of skins of people in the game for fun. Everyone on this game is so different, but it’s so easy to get to them. You can pick your own avatar and look as good as you’d like.

Facebook is very simple. You are friends with people you know, it’s a lot more realistic. Your profile picture is you, whether you like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment