Saturday, September 25, 2010

India

India is one of the 4 ciilization countries and one of my favorite countries. Nine years ago, I had a trip to India for a month. There is something mysterious about that country. Unique culture of it makes people want to visit there. Anyone who has ever visited there would want to go there again. India is a very big country; each area has different charm: style, culture, language, and people's appearance. Northern India is modern but southern part is more traditional. People of northern side are tall, white people-like face but southernes are short, have curly hair and darker skin color. I personally liked the southern Indi: beautiful beaches, gorgeous scenery, delicious food and nice people. There are a lot of tourist attractions in India: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, the Gateway of India, the Ganges, the Indus, and plenty of temples. The most memorable event was when I was in Benares at Ganges. Pilgrims around there were praying and bathing. My traveling team got on the boat in the Ganges and we prayed and put away the candle onthe river. Even I did not belong to any religion, I felt sacred. Even I was a little kid, I was amazed by holinss and spirit of the river and I will never forget that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment