Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Long day

Today was a very stressful and long day. I've been locked up in the library studying for 9 hours straight. I have a Philosophy midterm later today and my brain hurts from all the reading I had to do. Socrates's philosophy does interest me though. He challenges everyone's beliefs and shows everyone how ignorant they really are on what they claim to know. Socrates's is wise enough to see his own ignorance. He basically challenges people's thoughts and guides them into finding the truth. The concept of morality and virtue is mentioned a lot and it becomes mind boggling thinking about a definition for these. Is there a universal definition for what's right or wrong? We can certainly see that different people and different religions have different rules for what is right or wrong, but is there a universal definition? Socrates believes there exists something, but we still haven't discovered it yet.
Well, I haven't eaten or taken a break yet. I also really need to finish up the room and theater space design. Time to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment