Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Netflix

Today Professor introduced an old Japanese film through what is called "Netflix". Netflix used to be a online version of blockbuster, where I can rent a DVD and they send it through mail. Now, I just found out today that Netflix is providing a streaming service which I can actually purchase a movie or TV show and able to watch it instantly. Amazing. I have been using Hulu for a year but never heard Netflix streaming service.
When I came to the US 13 years ago, it was pretty impossible to stream quality video from internet. I used to go blockbuster to rent DVDs and returned them later. DVDs were the newest media in 1990's and has 480pixel on verical line of screen, which was superior to VHS because VHS not only has analog worse quality but also has shorter lifespan.
Now, there are Bluerays and 3D TV which I can experience full HD 3 dimensional visual clarity.
I wonder how the technology has been developed drastically over a decade. I prefer to use Netflix over blockbuster now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment