Friday, October 1, 2010

Art and Technology

During last lecture my point about games/technology versus art was raised:
“Were the Art will be? I mean painting, printmaking, drawing, sculpting, and all kinds of art.
If we look back on some of the most famous art created by Durer, Blake, Botticelli, Matisse, etc., I could keep going on this list, which will never be replaced, their knowledge, I meant skills, I’m not talking about talent, will always be necessary in order have a character for a computer game. In my opinion technology can enhance Fine Art, if needed and If combined, according to the artist need, games with a character, needs to be drawn, to have personality, details in order to be a real character and attract the viewer/player, even if the player is a 5 years old child, otherwise will be turned off after five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment