Sunday, October 3, 2010

Art



I am an artist, of sorts. What I create is my version of art. My brush strokes are the lights you see on stage. My art is some of the best kind, in my opinion. If you notice it's there, then I haven't created. If it disappears and convinces you you have been transported to another time and place, then I have succeeded. It amazed me sometimes how art is used everywhere. I study art for my shows, looking to recreate something I see on a page. I have a bunch of art books in my room that I use as a reference on a regular basis. I am amazed how art can touch so many people and make them all feel the same thing. For my spanish class we had to do some homework involving spanish artists. The second piece is by Diego Rivera. He mostly painted about the mexican society and reflected the country's 1910 Revolution. He painted frescoes, which he felt were the best medium to be seen. I suppose it can be said what is art if it can't be seen? The first painting is by his wife. His wife was a lesbian, which was not accepted at the time, and he was a notorious womanizer. The relationship worked for each of them and they still loved each other. Love is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment