Sunday, October 17, 2010

Controlling dreams?

We talked in class about the ability to control dreams. I have to say, I'm a bit skeptical about this concept. I mean, can I really look at my hands before I go to sleep and say to myself "I will control my dream" and then I will be able to walk around my dream as if it's a video game? If that was the case, why do we even have video games in the first place? Why not just go to sleep and be in our own video game? I think that dreams are a part of our subconscious. Our dreams tell us things that we are feeling that may not be that apparent to ourselves.

I guess it seems like an interesting concept to control your own dreams. You could be in a new place every night. Maybe on the beaches of Aruba one night then partying it up in a club in New York City the next night. It just goes to show how vast the human imagination is.

No comments:

Post a Comment