Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jane Austen

I love Jane Austen, she is also my favorite author. To date I have read Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Mansfield Park numerous times. I love the way she makes just gloomy situations and shows the light at the end of the tunnel. Not to mention that these timeless classics are amazing love stories. I have also enjoyed the movies, including Emma on PBS which isn’t as good as Pride and Prejudice (which is by far my favorite novel and the main movie a run to when I am down and out). Nothing can compare to Elizabeth Bennett when she speaks, and the way she stands up for her family and her beliefs in a time where women were not seen as intelligent. I love the way she stands up to Mr. Darcy’s aunt, to prove that it isn’t money that makes a person. The day and age of the time depicted is so different from now, and I wish I could experience that.

No comments:

Post a Comment