Saturday, September 25, 2010

Garry's Mod in game video player

I had an interesting idea for the the Garry's Mod project we are working on. I wanted to setup an online server so other group members can connect and interact with each other in game. In the server, I downloaded an addon called PlayX. PlayX allows you to play youtube, hulu, livestream, and many other video sites directly in game on a screen. All players will be able to see and hear the video playing. One idea was to use it for video chat while in game. I can video chat to other players and they would be able to see me in game on a screen. Another use of this tool is the audio playback it offers. When we recreate the scenes from Hamlet, we can queue the video player to play recorded narration. In this video you will see a livestream and a youtube video playing. The sound volume is very low so you will you need to turn up your speakers.

My other 6 posts are located at popko37197.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment